Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Rotten customer service game "Wartune" up for Sale

I recently came across this article stating that changyou is selling 7 road  or proficient city which is the owner of wartune for upto 200 million dollars.  I will admit I had no idea that wartune was owned by so many different companies.  But anyhow, changyou is selling it because they want to focus on mobile games (wartune isn't a mobile game).  I checked the stock of changyou today and it seems that they have been flat over the past five years.  They haven't broken the $40 mark since October 2013 and the $50 mark since July 2011.  I wonder why their stocks peaked at these particular points for a short period of time.  Insider trading perhaps?  Wouldn't surprise me since they refuse to enforce wartune's TOU to the fullest extent.

So it looks like I will be adding changyou to my list of company hosted games in which I will be boycotting.  All they seem to care about is making short term profits on their games by creating them, pretending to have good customer service at the start but once the games takes off, they abandon it and focus on new games thus end up shutting the game down and continuing the cycle.  By the look of their stock, they have not grown, only maintained. 

Perhaps if this gaming company would focus on keeping players long term (10+ years) with making small additions every couple of months and offering the best customer service & enforcing their Terms of Service to the fullest extent, I bet their stock would take off.  People like me would be like, "wow, this game is so fun and not too time consuming!  You should try it out!" Course, there are other issues I have with wartune that I'll bring up in a different post.

As for my readers, I strongly suggest that you either stop giving them any money on any of their games expecially games that are hosted by changyou, 7road, proficient city, r2 games, kongregate, armor games, and kabam because I will keep empathizing that you are rewarding the game company by their rotten customer service (or don't bother playing any of their games).

No comments:

Post a Comment